Is Geeky Gadgets safe?

OMTZ

Mar 21, 2009
I want to know if www.geeky-gadgets.com is a SAFE and trusty website. I like going on that website for the weekly giveaways that they do but i don't know if it's a really safe spyware free website. I say that because when i'm on Internet Explorer 8 i go to their website and look around then all of a sudden some window comes up saying that my computer is infected with viruses then it starts FAKE scanning my computer but i have only been on that window for like 7 seconds because i exit it out and that only happens when i'm using IE8 and it doesn't happen on any other browsers that i use. So mainly what i want to know is if any of you have experienced that problem and if you think that geeky-gadgets Website is really SAFE. Thanks

Whenever you go to a site and your not sure whether it's real or not,
1) Lookup the domain name Whois information, using one of the many lookup sites WhoisXY.com
2) Check the contact us page information, ideally there will be a physical store/warehouse address and a contact phone number, if there's a phone# go ahead and call to get the feel for the operators.

3) Look for an HTTPS encrypted address on the checkout pages where you enter your personal information

ALso To check the website is secure use the site Webutation.net ,you will get more information about the website.Get the "whois" information from WhoisXY.com Whois Search to know the administrative contact,technical contact etc.

If a website is not verified through these means then you do run a risk when dealing with them.

Back