$159 9mm Hi-Point Pistol, garbage or bargain???

F

Frank

I'm not rich, but I don't want to blow money on junk, do you think I should shun this offer, or take it before someone else does? I dont' think this is a rare deal, the action was stiff and the guy said that it'll jam if it isn't cleaned and oiled often. (How often though?) I'm probably going to hold my money from this offer and save up for something alittle better. What do you think?
I'm sure that jamming is possible for any gun, but I'm just saying that this gun may be highly suspectible to jams, which may explain it's cheap price.

It Is What It Is --- An inexpensive pistol..... If your a cop, car repossesor, security type then consider a quality firearm -- your life may depend on it....... If you just want it for a little shooting/plinking then I suppose it isnt a bad buy.... Its no high $$$dollar$$$ Glock, Ruger or Kimber but you get what you pay for....... Buy It - Put a few thousand rounds thru it -- if it wears out then dont sweat it - just destroy it and dispose of it - enjoy it while you have it ------ ITS NOT a family heirloom! its just an inexpensive machine.... When your budget allows get a better pistol ---- In the mean time HAVE FUN!!!

My dad got one about that same price. My uncle got a 45 Hi-Point pistol for same price too. I might take it, because it will let you appreciate a better gun a bit more. Plus, any gun can protect you better than fists.

they are not the greatest to say the least. but like all things in life, you get what you pay for, see?

here are a couple budget minded guns that will give you some quality and reliability without killing your wallet.

check into CZ75, CZ75c , P01

look at the new Ruger SR-9 17+1 capacity

these are 9mm models but i am sure they offer .40s&w and .45acp in other models.

these pistols are $450 and under. have fun with whatever you decide to get.

Back