A few days ago my pc started to lag, especially when watching videos;...

GaryF

Jun 8, 2008
...WMP, DIVX online, YouTube... any ideas? It never used to lag and it just suddenly started one day when I turned it on... I'm running Windows 7 with 2GB RAM, 128MB NVIDIA 7300 LE graphics card and 2200 Mhz dual core processor. I regularly run CCleaner (Cleans my registry, temp folders, etc.) and Smart Defrag (defrags when my computer is idle). The lag effects the mouse when I'm running Google Chrome or other applications like MS Word but is especially prevalent when I'm watching any kind of video - after about 5 mins it will start visibly lagging the audio lags (it will stop and repeat the last millisecond of video played for about 1-2 seconds, similar to the sounds at the start of Omen by Prodigy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMVTKOoy1uk)) I have also ran a full scan of my computer with AVG Free (Resident Shield is running constantly too - scans all the files I work with) The strange thing is that I have never had lag on my computer before except when playing games and it just suddenly appeared. The lag is extremely annoying and had made watching videos a nightmare. Please help!?

Back