Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

How can I put free ringtones on my Straight Talk LG 220 c prepaid phone ?

I have tried all the free websites such as Ventones and such..and whenever I download one to the phone..it keeps telling me " File Not Supported. I have one ringtone that I bought from the Straight Talk website..and it shows it is a MP3 file...but the phone will not let me save MP3 files to it ?

Is there anyway this can be done ?

Thanks

Unregistered
    im having the same problem with the same phone. if u figure it out txt me and let me know...1901-209-9970

Unregistered

fixed and done.

THIS IS A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO DO IT PROPERLY, mods please don't delete this, as ***IT DOES CONTAIN MY QUESTION*** at the end of this message.
    Also I couldn't find this information on the site and all questions regarding this information are unanswerable and/or contain incorrect or unusable information

BEFORE THE GOOD STUFF: This is absolutely free, I was looking for a free way myself and this is what I figured out. This method is for the lg220c phone that I got with the Straight Talk service thing from Wal-mart. I got the $45 unlimited plan but it will work on any plan that has web service (which I think is all of them). ^_^

A lot of people have asked this and since I haven't found a correct answer, I've figured it out on my own and would like to share it with you, since it was a pain in my butt. Ventones.com and similar methods HAVE NOT worked for me so I am just going to tell you how I did it.

1. take any mp3 or similar file and convert it to ".qcp" since .mid or "midi" files are semi-impossible to make from another audio file (very technical, don't worry about it).
    NOTE: you will have to make it under ~70KB as well (not sure exact size but that's about right) To do this you will have to take your shiny mp3 to any site that will convert it for you, I use Ringtones, MP3s, Wallpapers, Videos and more from Myxer.com and Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker
    For myxer: myxer.com > ringtones(its a tab with drop down list) > "make your own..." > edit it to be ABOUT 30 seconds of your favorite song or w/e, feel free to experiment with length and file size > and from there you can save to your comp.

2. take the new .qcp file and go to My Place - Where everything is free! SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM OF PAGE and youll see where you can upload it to their free site.

3. It'll tell you to navigate to a certain URL in your phones browser and download it from on your phone. Do so.

4. After a successful download you should have your new audio file and it should be in your "my audio" section. Enjoy and spread the word!

Unregistered
    OMG I HATE CUZ MY PHONE DOES NOT DOWNLOAD NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING WILL WORK Y

Unregistered

this will work i promise i figured it out and its easy

ok first of all you have to have a computer... go to Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker and upload your mp3 file and make sure it only the length of 30.00 or lower after that in the box below go to file format and click QCP then click make a ringtone a box will pop up click on download ringtone. once it downloads it should go to your downloads folder on your computer.....after that go to My Place - Where everything is free! scroll down until you see upload your files here then click on choose file and click the ringtone you made which should just say ringtone.. upload that and it will take you to a page and give you a url to browse with your phone and do so.. once you go to the url with your LG 220C you will see a blank white screen that says.. save in the corner of the page and a music note at top of the page... click on save then it will say saved to audios.. close the browser and go to your audios and listen to your ringtone.

Unregistered
    easier site for ringtones instead of myxer.com is Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker and supports qualcomm phones simple and easy to use.

Unregistered
    this is reallly frustrating it didnt work on my phone i swear i am gonna find a way to fix this!!!! I didnt really wanna have to play it on the computer and record the audio but i guess thats what im gonna have to do feel free to try it it works

Unregistered