Am I the only one that gets mad when..(mma question)?

ZacM

Jul 12, 2008
when people where tapout and ufc stuff and they dont do mma? I am a huge practioner of mma/bjj/kickboxing and i get mad when people where that but they cant throw a punch.

depends. If they are true fans of MMA then it doesn't really bother me, but if they walk around thinking they are fighters because they have a tapout shirt on then yeah they are posers who should all feel the wrath of a real mma fighter.

I don't even wear tapout anymore because it's EVERYWHERE. Everybody and their grandmothers wear tap out, and I don't like seeing people with same clothes as me.

I wear MMA gear, but I also train full time, compete, and am trying to make it a career.

Wearing tapout and ufc "stuff" doesn't signify that you fight, it signify's that you like UFC and MMA. What pisses me off is when people say they're fighters, when they go to a jiu jitsu class every now and then lol.

No why would i get mad. Its a brand of cloths. Its for style. Its just like wearing a NFL or NHL jersey. Same thing. If they act cocky and starting stuff then ya i will get pissed off, but not when their just wearing it.

I don't "do" MMA and I don't get mad about what people wear but I do get sick of the MMA fanboys and garage trainees that talk like they know martial arts...they are the biggest joke.

Um... it doesn't really bother me. It means they're a fan of the sport, and the money they're spending on those clothes ends up in the fighter's paychecks. I think it's a bit annoying when a newbie who doesn't train starts talking about things he doesn't know anything about, but wearing a shirt with a brand name on it doesn't mean he's going to be that guy.

it used to be that those guys were the wanna be's. but now it seems the wannabes are the ones that call them wannabes....soon it will be the ones that call the wannabes that are calling the other wannabes wanna bees that are wannabes

Just like i get mad when i see people wear NFL or NBA jerseys and they're not in the NBA or NFL. i think you need to get off the roid rage, dude. Be glad that people wear the paraphernalia and support the companies that sponsor the sport we love. The more they wear (not "where"), the more they help make it more mainstream and get the positive recognition it deserves. yes, i understand that seeing muscle headed douche bags wear the stuff can be aggravating, but it's also nice to know that i, being an mma practitioner, don't have to wear the shirt for a false sense of security.

Dude that shit is all about making money.
Who cares if some want'a'be has a ufc Tee on.
We know who we are and that's what matters.

Get over it. They have a right to wear it. people wear football or hockey jerseys when they don't play for that team or sometimes even play football or hockey at all. That is like saying you can't wear a Three Days Grace or any other band's shirt because you aren't in that band or like saying you can't wear a plad button down shirt if you aren't John Goodman

Back when I was a young kid and Mike Tyson was popular everyone used to wear Everlast stuff. There's definitely a market out there for name brand stuff, so I don't blame anyone for trying to make a buck. However, I'm like you, I'd rather practice martial arts than dress like I do.

LMAO- So everyone taht wears a steelers Jersey plays for them huh? Feel grateful that MMA has reached the point where people are wearing the stuff evne if they are just fans.

BTW how pissed do you think it make traditional martial artists that MMA fanboys and wanna bes disrespect that simply because Joe rogan tells them to? Who is being insulted worse?

Back