Hi, i have two car amplifiers, a JBL 1004 and another one which i friend sold to me. This one is a 601.1 model and i am not sure how many watts RMS it can run, but this is not the problem. I plug in all the appropriate wires (speaker + and -, GND, REM, 12V) and turn down all the dials. (there are three in total, bass boost, X-over freq, and input level. (as you can see, there is NO HP/LP filter)

My problem is that, when playing through this JBL 601.1 amp and having the dials turned up to about half or a quarter, the 6x9's are emitting a bassy kind of sound, compared to the front 6"speakers which are only amplified by the head unit and sound crisp, clear and full of treble.

When plugged into the 1004 amp, the speakers also sound fine. Problem: i would like to use the 1004 for my subwoofers, and i need this other 601.1 amp for the speakers. Someone please help! i have tried everything! ( ps i hope this question does not confuse you! )

(PPS i have tried to find this 601.1 amp on the internet, through stores, forums, everything, and no one has even HEARD of the bloody thing. It's almost like this amp is a fake? could this be possible? it looks pretty decent and such, so i don't know how it could be a fake.)