Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How will this audio setup work in my car?

I have a 1200 watt sub (14 or 15 inch) and I want to buy an amp that will make it sound good but also allow me to connect speakers. Below I have the links for my sub and the amp that I am getting. My question is will I be able to get a good kick from my sub and also nice sound from the speakers with this amp? (my amp price range is about $150)

Sub: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4541677

Amp: http://www.amazon.com/CW650-4-Channel-Amplifier-Subwoofer-Control/dp/B001RNNWXG/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261028803&s r=1-16

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sony needs to stop making car audio, their car audio is very poor quality, very bad sound reproduction. As for Boss, you should not ever think of using this brand ever again, they are totally garbage. You can find Boss audio at any flea market.

If you planning on running full range (interior of the car) speakers and a sub on the same amp you need to find a 5 channel amp. The full range speakers really should be on their own amp if your not using a 5 channel amp. The sub is going to need 600 watts rms, never look at the max wattage since it means absolutely nothing. The amp for the sub should be a mono block amp that will give you 600 watts rms at what ever OHM load you present to the amp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sony explode speakers maintain a low quality reputation in car audio world. That said maybe it will be OK since you got it new. What you need to recognize is that 1200W is the peak output. Peak output means nothing in car audio, what matters is RMS wattage and the Sony is rated at 350. I would avoid BOSS all together and look around for a high quality used 4 channel amp. MTX and Rockford Fosgate make great products that you can find for less than 150. I would also consider trying to find two amps one four channel and one mono to drive your sub and internal speakers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it will sound decent. I wouldnt recommend using Xplode brand. youd be better off buying a MTX 12 used from craigslist than a new xplode 15

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like to run a separate amp for the sub. Your mid range and tweeters do not require as much power as a big sub. With one amp you run into the problem of either over driving your small speakers or under driving your sub. Two amps give you the ability to tune your system to optimum performance.