Game Maker Weapons help?

Myhijim

Sep 17, 2009
Ok here goes
I am trying to make a game similar to nazi zombies on GM7
I have figured out the spawning and all that but i need to know how to draw the variables (as in ammo)
My guy also keeps getting stuck in the wall i think it has something to do with the centering of the sprite.
Also i have heaps of weapons and im wondering if anyone can tell me how to make it so you cannot change weapon without ammo because every time I try that it stops an "alarm" that i created for each of the weapons rate of fire

Any help appreciated Thx

on your running into walls you can fix most of your problems by putting a colision event in your main charecter and then add a script with:
(x=xprevious
y=yprevious)
then you can make variables global by making them global._________ fill in the blank. in doing this you can then have a ammo for each gun or have guns take from one stockpile of bullets. when switching weapons just do a quick check where you have the button to change weapons make it check the global.____ if its greater than 0 and switch if not you can go to the next gun or just not switch.....
i hope this helps you these are just some of my methods and probly arnt the best

Back