Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

which is best format to download movies like DVD rip xvid,DVD5 NTSC,DVD...

...RIP X264 or any other? i dont understand what these formats are but i want to download best quality picture

Downloads
    Uploads
    dvd rip is an xvid usually 700mb (1cd) or 1.34 (2 cds), not best quality, so u want HD, look for .mkv extension, a movie has like 2gb or more idk

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I don't agree for you to download movies, the x264 is a codec for high definition movies in mkv format. I think those are the best.
    Although you'll need a codec set that plays mkv files.
    I don't know much about this sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    always take the Dvdrip. it a dvd copy so the sound ans picture will be good,

Downloads
    Uploads
    A DVD rip means that the file was sourced from a DVD. All good movie files should be. Well... except for the ones that are sourced from Blu-Ray now... (BD rip or BR rip) Any format or quality level can be a DVD rip. It only means the original source for the file was a DVD.

DVD5 means the movie was slightly compressed to fit on a single-layer DVD-R (DVD5). The file should be over 4 GB and the quality will be very good. The original Dolby Digital surround is generally retained. The movie will usually be vob files, etc... in a DVD folder, ready to be burned to disc or in the form of a disc image. NTSC means it's the standard that works in American DVD players. A PAL disc won't play in an American DVD player without conversion to NTSC before burning. Your computer will be able to play it though.

XviD is the most popular codec for compressing 90 minute movies down to around a 700 MB avi file. The quality is very good for the file size and download is much faster, but the quality is not as good as DVD5. The digital surround is often removed and there's only 2-channel sound. It can usually be played through a Dolby Pro Logic system to get some surround. Some people post slightly larger files over 1 GB that retain the Dolby Digital surround (AC3). Some newer DVD players will play XviD if you just burn the file to a disc. Or, you can use free software like DVD Flick to burn a standard DVD from an XviD file.

X264... I don't know... I'm not so up to date... It could be a more compressed format for portible players... it could be a hi-def format with a larger file size... Looking at the file size will give you a clue as to the quality. If it looks like something you want. Google "play x264" and I'm sure you'll learn how.

I think that about covers what you asked...

Hope this helps!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    When i download movies i download DVDrip