How much money should I save up if I want to buy a nice used 600cc sports bike?

Green

May 30, 2008
I really want a bike. Doesn't have to be a recent year but I want it to look good and be 600cc... Also what is the best website to look for used bikes on?

A good one that isn't new would be around $5000 give or take. If you want an older model 600, you can probably get a nice one for $2000-$3000. A new one will be around $8000. A good website is Craigslist... I bought 2 of my 3 motorcycles off of Craigslist. Just make sure you get it checked out before you buy it. And write up a good contract that ensures that the seller will either return your money or pay for any problems with the bike that existed before you bought it. Good luck!

A good one that isn't new would be around $5000 give or take. If you want an older model 600, you can probably get a nice one for $2000-$3000. A new one will be around $8000. A good website is Craigslist... I bought 2 of my 3 motorcycles off of Craigslist. Just make sure you get it checked out before you buy it. And write up a good contract that ensures that the seller will either return your money or pay for any problems with the bike that existed before you bought it. Good luck!

Good answers above, but hey, don't forget about insurance! That's what will really get you. My kid just bought a bike and the stinking insurance is almost half the cost of the bike per year! Nuts!

Back