Have you ever heard of studies being done on heterosexuality as there are on homo...

SoontobeMrseLeca

Sep 5, 2009
...and bisexuality? I hear of all the studies and theories talked about and discussed when it comes to homosexuality or bisexuality. But I never hear of any being done or said about heterosexuality or do people just accept homosexuality as the norm and anything different from it is abnormal?

Quite a bit.

Studies on human sexuality in any form are always associated with a bit of professional stigma - people who study it generally don't broadcast it to the media, and often even take pains to disguise it in sterilized medical jargon so as to prevent curious attention from laypeople being directed at it. As might be expected, the public has a habit of demonizing the scientists who do so and suspecting them of being all sorts of perverts for studying such a thing.

But there have been studies conducted for just about everything you can think of having to do with heterosexuality, and homosexuality, and autoeroticism, and just about every way we humans get off. If you're actually interested in a survey of the topic, I would recommend the popular science book "Bonk" by Mary Roach.

Yea ! Master & Johnson, the first big sex study in the '50's. All about hot dogs & tacos. Nothing fancy. That's all they could handle back then.

Heterosexuality is normal, so why would they study it.

Homosexuality I don't know, ask the feminists......

Who cares about the majority of the population, we already know about them. We are them.

Really? That is the first I heard of this. There are actually plenty of studies on heterosexuality. In fact, they are occurring non-stop. Some studies are looking at what scents we emit to arouse the opposite sex. Some studies look at why we are attracted to some. There are even studies to see why we are evolutionarily unattracted to immediate family. Just look around. These studies are...everywhere.

Back