why get a blueray player when there is only a few movies on blueray?

J

jon j

i heard there is only 600 movies on blue ray.....
yeah yeah i know that, but i mean why get one now?
i looked on Netflix and they only have 489 movies on Blueray..thats not good...only a few that i liked and ive seen most of the ones i like so many times....
no, not every movie from now on will be blueray, they will be cranking out DVD's for years to come...it took over a decade to phase out VHS, and some stores still sell them..
i agree, the PS3 is the way to go, it also downloads new updates etc etc...

All others will go the way of cassette tapes, eight track tapes, records, etc

Because its the next step up from DvD's and DVD's will eventually go the way VHS did

600 is a bit more than a few.

Besides, in a few years Blu-Ray will be the DVD players of the world (HD-DVD threw in the towel), so it's worth it to invest in one.

But when? I'd wait until it gets cheaper a few years or a year down the road. It's still way too much for me to buy one, whatever the video quality is.

I agree and they are just remanufactered copies of previous dvd's. I got a player for Christmas and haven't bought a movie yet.

I just can't justify paying $30.00 for a movie, I've already seen on dvd.

New release movies are either HD or Blu ray, so I just continue to buy dvd's, at least it's in one format, and at the right prices.

cos hd-dvd is now dead. like all technology it takes time to filter down and gain more popularity. blu ray movies are harder to make and cost more right now. but again, like all technological products they will go down in price dramatically.

Don't get a blue Ray get a PS3 they play blue ray, so you would have a game and a DVD player in one. That way it wont seem like you are spending so much on one thing. Cause it has two functions!

Yes at the moment mayby (although I think its a lot more now) but every new movie from now will be in Blu ray , as all the studios have now signed up to Blue Ray and Toshipe have admited defeat and have stopped production of the Hd DvD drive.
Plus the the defination is about 5 times better than DVD.

Because HD has now officially given up, and because you can still watch regular DVDs on the Blue Ray player.

Because in the coming years it will be the exclusive format.

Because in the coming years it will be the exclusive format.

Back