Question about Playstation 3 blu ray player?

evansgazz

Feb 15, 2008
When you play a normal dvd in a ps3 is it true that the quality is higher than it would be if played in a dvd player if so how much does the picture improve by?

If you have a HDTV and use Component cables or HDMI, then it should upscale the DVDs.

Yes, the quality is improved, but there is no measure of how much. I can tell you that it is a good upscale, but not comparable with a blu-ray movie. Definitely worth it though.

Yes, the quality is improved, but there is no measure of how much. I can tell you that it is a good upscale, but not comparable with a blu-ray movie. Definitely worth it though.

Hi I bought PS3 with 40gb & I insert my Lords Of The Rings on DVD format to my PS3, the picture looks normal but, it does give me 480P.

No it does'nt upscale it. If you have a better television to use for standard dvd's than it will upscale it, other than that the PS3 just has a regular dvd player that just reads the disc.

Mr.mcmalid, your thinking of blu-ray movies, when you put in a blu-ray dvd into the ps3 then it is up to 1080p HD resolution, that is "ONLY" with Blu-Ray "NOT" regular dvds.

The PS3 can upscale standard DVD to HD quality. The PS3 is like an Upconvert DVD player when it comes to standard DVD's.

The picture quality improves pretty significantly.

Back