Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay here is my problem I am a very spiritual devout christian. I don't party,...

...cuss anything and I have? enlisted in the Marine Corp. I know when I start getting promoted and being a drill instructor I will have to cuss alot just like the boot camp drill instructor. I know I will never go to bars and party drink, etc. no matter what. How do you cuss and still be religious? Will God forgive me because he knows what I have to do? How do most devote people that join the military get past it? Do they just do it and go on? Will God understand why I have to do this? I will really have to do this. I will get into serious trouble if I don't. Will God understand? I am a devote christian and I don't want to offend God.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Surely you can come up with creative new ways to disrespect your fellow human beings without using cuss words.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, you can be threatening and intimidating without cursing, it's not necessary. They curse because it helps in the whole intimidating process.

Second of all, it's not sacreligious to curse, it's simply impolite. The verse that speaks of "no foul things shall come out of your mouth" refers to anything that's not nice towards someone, like threatening, name-calling, extortion, things like that. That's a common misconception among Christians.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you dont want to cuss or drink, but your down with killing people?

might want to re-evaluate your spiritual agenda, God is about loving people, not rules. SIn is not loving people and being selfish, not words or chemicals, its alot deeper than that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Then why join the military when one commandment says "thou shalt not kill (or murder)"
    That is why it's called "free will" ! You have to choose.
    Recall the scripture about being lukewarm? Recall the scripture where it explains that you can't have two masters..
    God understands what is in the heart. If you have to make this decision, swearing to do your job more effectively is the least of your problems. Do you want to please man, or God?
    You can choose this and still be the person that you are. It may be more effective. I also wouldn't use that language unless I was undermined or forced into it. Good luck with your choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm absolutely sure He will understand. I will never cuss no matter what. And if I do it accidentally, He'll forgive me! Just ask Him to forgive you anyway every night when you go to bed when the day is done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Assuming you're not a troll. I can't imagine anyone of this temperament joining the marines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't have to cuss to be in the military. As for the rest of the question, drink until you see God.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was in the Military and I didn't have to cuss, go to bars, or party unless I wanted to. You have to stand up for God. You can get your point across with out cussing. God said to abstain from all appearance of evil. You need to make your choices. We have to give an account for what we say, do, or what we watch. If you have been warn ahead of time and read God's Word then be obedient unto Him. We don't have to fear man, but we do have to fear God.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just do what an actor does and play the role. But my drill instructor never did cuss.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast