How much would it be to send a text message on a cell phone (Telus)?

DavidL

May 18, 2008
I do not have an unlimited texting plan so I just wanted to know how much it is to send a text message for Telus.

You can go to Telus.com and send a text message to another telus person for free. The page will also tell you how much it is to send a text.

I'm not exactly sure how much it is per text if you don't have a texting package in your plan but I've found that without one a text usually costs between five and ten cents per message (depending on your service). If you text a lot you definitely want to look into a texting package. A friend of mine ran up a bill of $1100 without one.

I know the hard way that if you send a text message without a plan it can cost a lot of money. Even receiving a message costs money. So I suggest getting a plan. On my plan for just $5 a month I can send 300 texts!

I'm not exactly sure how much it is per text if you don't have a texting package in your plan but I've found that without one a text usually costs between five and ten cents per message (depending on your service). If you text a lot you definitely want to look into a texting package. A friend of mine ran up a bill of $1100 without one.

I know the hard way that if you send a text message without a plan it can cost a lot of money. Even receiving a message costs money. So I suggest getting a plan. On my plan for just $5 a month I can send 300 texts!

You can go to Telus.com and send a text message to another telus person for free. The page will also tell you how much it is to send a text.

15 cents per sent or received message, plus tax. You can get small plans for $3 or $5 per month that give you 30 outgoing or 250 outgoing, all incoming are free when you have a plan.

Back