Can anyone solve this riddle for me? (its about a midget that commits suicide)?

MrClif

May 4, 2009
There is a midget who is a circus performer. He lives in a house which is his proportion (basically a playhouse). One day his fellow performers decide to play a trick on him, they decide to cut all of the furniture (in his house) in half. He comes back to his house and notices everything is cut in half, he sees this and kills himself, why did he do it?

I think this is a psychology question, this maybe worded different but the theme is the same.

Can anyone answer this riddle for me? Thank you.

Because he hates his life. He spent a lot of money to get miniature furniture custom made so he can feel normal. When everything he owns gets destroyed, it's the last straw and he can't take it anymore.

I think that the midget, when seeing that all his furniture is smaller (because it's cut in half), thinks he has grown so he isn't a midget anymore. He kills himself because he thinks that his job is over now he isn't a midget or something. It's similar to this riddle:

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/temple-of-knowledge/53937-worlds-best-riddle.html

I could be wrong though. It's quite far-fetched.

he wanted to fit on the furniture, obviously. since his furniture was halved, he had to be halved, too

im sorta thinking....
since hes really small, if you cut things up in half, that would be taunting him.... cuz the things are shorter..... thats wat i think....

He thinks that he's suddenly grown and instead of being a midget and being able to make money from that he's just an ordinary short dude.
Granted, he'd have to be pretty gullible for that to work, but I believe it's the answer to the riddle.

Back