Does anyone have any good and interesting speech topics?

Letitia

Apr 28, 2009
Im in year 11 that's form 5 and im 15 years old. Im doing speeches for english. Im usually very good at speeches... But not the coming up with the topic. Any ideas? Only thing is it has to be very interesting... for people my age.
The speech has to be between 3 and 4 minutes. I like animal but did animal cruelty for last years speech. So if you have any topics on animals, or specific animal cruelty then that would be great. But if not just pitch an idea anyways thanks

Animal Topics:
-What are the social, emotional, and physical benifits of owning a pet?
-How is product testing on animals unethical?
-What roles do animals play in the spirituality of different cultures throughout history?
-What are the specific phobias related to animals?

If you don't find a suitable topic including animals, I would choose a topic that is closely connected to your particular age group or generation. Here are a few examples:

__1. -Cyber-bullying: (cyberbullying is defined as "willful and repeated harm inflicted through the use of computers, cell phones, and other electronic devices.") Cyber-bullying has grown as a means of threatening, intimidating or harassing others over the past several years. It can take many forms, including posting private or embarrassing photos of someone, developing websites to rate people’s appearance, creating hateful blogs about someone, stealing electronic passwords, or spreading lies.
This controversial issue explores the arguments of censorship, the freedom of speech, the definition of 'willful harm/harassment' and about whose responsibility it is, either the parents, teens, internet police, etc., to protect young on-line users from cyberbullying.
http://www.cyberbullying.us/index.php

__2. -The Pursuit of Perfection: This controversy is regarding the amount of pressure parents, schools, the media, and peers put on teens to be "perfect," successful, beautiful, over-achievers, above the standards, etc.
In addition to the potential for individual harm, there is an absolutely certain cultural harm related to the mass pursuit and glorification of physical perfection. In her 1992 bestseller, The Beauty Myth, Naomi Wolf describes a $33 billion "thinness industry", a $20 billion "youth industry", and a $300 million "cosmetic surgery industry" and admonishes the commercial forces propelling women towards never ending external improvements. The marketing of plastic surgery to a younger and younger clientele only intensifies a conspiracy that requires women to be evaluated by homogenized perceptions of beauty instead of more integrated and realistic virtues. Why would any of us want to live in a world that requires all of us —from 14-year-olds to 50-year-olds — to have Britney Spears' breasts, Reese Whiterspoon's nose and a 4-year-olds' crease free forehead? All women are the losers in this game and we are already in the fifth inning if 20-somethings are scheduling Botox injections and teens are requesting painful surgical procedures as presents.
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0205/ma...

__3. -School Burn-Out: This controversial issue is concerning the amount of school-related activities and requirements teens face now in high school & how that often leads to "school burn-out." Faced with an unlimited amount of choices combined with the pressure of a fast-paced-world, teens are spreading their selves too thin by engaging in a number of commitments. Besides physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion, there are several more pressing consequences of school burn-out.

__4. -To Work or Not To Work: The topic of high school employment is often an overlooked conflict young people face, but nevertheless, a controversial issue. This issue debates why it is either acceptable or not acceptable for teens to have jobs during their high school years. Many teens disregard the benefits of choosing academics over employment and become less focused in their pursuit of an education, while some teens are forced to work in order to provide for themselves and their families.

I would do it on the rights we have as teenagers. You know, how we can't do a lot of things. That kinda pisses me off but I understand why we have those laws :D. In your speech, you could like show the pros and cons of it and pick like a couple of specific laws or something. I'm not in grade 11 (I'm a freshman) yet so I have no idea what you guys do for speeches but this sounds good to me...

Talk about something you're passionate about...I have no idea what you're passionate about so I cant help you there. Good luck though, I hate speeches. xD

Here's some odds and ends:

Eastern Bluebird
Special Education
ADHD
AUSTISM
school nutrition
dress code

child abuse
college planning
how to's
conservation

pppp

ive been stuck as well and im 11 to but u could do
uniforms
paid for goin to skool
thats all cn think of srry

I have an idea

What you could do is write a speach about how we are killing dolphins for entertainment or how cruel people are being to marine life,they would enjoy it because eveyone loves dolphins.

:)

me have no idea sorry i'm trying to find a speech topic myself good luck i'v thought of nothing yet . . :) last year i did my speech on why it;s cool being short - - i;m kinda short lol x

err i reckon you should do ur speech on how much society and our environment influenced our beliefs/decisions etc... pros and cons of course :3_3_21[1]:

:applause::applause::applause::applause: i like the ideas but i am a grade 10 student i need help and fast the speech must be appropaite and intereastin and different and mature tooo helpppppppppp me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:confused::confused::confused:

im in year 7 and i need to do a speech. :hammer punch: last year mine was on walt disney. do you have any good ideas:capitulate:

omg i have no idea what to do my speech on (im in year 11) and i have to have it decided by tommrow. anyone got any ideas. i was thinking about doing it on the fake image tv is giving the youth of today (you no how everyone is so much older than there characters, forcing us to grow up to be like them and how everyone is so skinny)

im trying 2 find a speech topic im 12 and i have this speech topic in mind = selling my sister i would appreciate any other topics u come up with tho

Back