Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wear dresses cos they are easy. Usually floaty, but it's really what I pull out of the wardrobe first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A person should always dress appropriately, depending on the occasion. Since I'm 53, I've seen styles come and go. So if your going to buy something formal. Keep it conservative and stylish, like a James Bond movie.(elegant) Those kind of clothes are usually expensive and you want them to last, and look good for a long time. You also want to know they look good on you, feel good in them. Simply to get your money's worth, but me I like that type of clothes anyway. Just seems that there's never enough occasions to wear them.

If it's for everyday or work wear what works. Clothes that look good and are practical. With these clothes you can experiment, if you don't already know what you like. Most people know what they like especially women. Some men think flannel shirts and T-shirts are a fashion statement. I think some men still need their mother to dress them, I don't!!!!!

For women, what you can get away with, and not look too slutty. To much flesh hanging out even if it looks good might say something, you could say more stylish and with more class. If your on the beach it doesn't matter, but you should still look good. Woman like to look pretty and sexy, men definitely like to see them that way too. It's what makes the world go around. For the most part, I think 75% of women know how to dress. Then about 40% of men, without a woman's help.

Sorry I got carried away, I'm a guy (one of the few) who loves to shop for clothes for me and my woman. I always look good and so does my lady..

I agree with Kris W you really have to know were to shop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a love/hate relationship with fashion. On one hand, I find fashion tiresome, fickle and boring, and on the other hand, I find fashion escapist and imaginative. It's true that clothes make the man/woman, without clothes we'd all be the same. It's interesting to me how people make themselves look like perfect fools for the sake of fashion. Example: those harem pants that are so popular right now. I recently saw a woman wearing a pair of gold harem pants with a sagging crotch, she reminded me of the hookah-smoking caterpillar from "Alice in Wonderland". There are so many fashion victims but very few people with actual style (I don't claim that I have style, I'm just saying it's rare to come across a person who is talented with style).

As for my own style, I try to choose quality over quantity, not all clothes are accessible to me so I try to purchase minimal and elegant things instead of gaudy, cheap things. I like clothes with structure and detailing, good quality fabrics, well made things. In the spring/summer I really like clothes with Grecian detailing. I also like southwestern styles in warmer weather, but I don't like boho things that look too contrived. I like some vintage styles as well but I just can't be bothered to source vintage clothes, as they are hard to find and not replicated very well. I might experiment more with clothes if I had more money to spend on clothes and if I didn't work at jobs that required me to follow strict dress codes. Fashion just seems like something I don't need much of at this point in my life. I do feel like I have a sense of purpose and somewhere to go when I'm carrying a nice handbag or if I have a nice pair of shoes, fashion can be magical like that.

Sorry, this turned out much more long-winded than I intended...

Junior Member MOTHFATHERREVISITED's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ...elegant and casual at the same time.

Skinny jeans!

Downloads
    Uploads
    sexy/classy
    a bit like this
    http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=7549042
    or this
    http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=5414788

Downloads
    Uploads
    Casual

For work I dress semi casual. Pants, dress, skirt , rarely do I wear a suit unless necessary.

Jeans the rest of the time. I love jeans, I live in jeans when ever I can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12