Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any way to get tar out of clothes?

Okaay i use to go down to this bridge and hang out when it got really hot the tar would melt I was in my bathing suit and was sitting on the ground well i got up and tar covered my whole rear end this bathing suit has only been wore like twice and it cost like 0 dollars becuase

i bought it at this expensive bikini store. I have washed it over and over and over again and it won't work i need something that won't remove the color on the bathing suit but will remove the tar stain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no the only things that can cut through tar are flammables like gasoline or paint thinners but they will damage the synthetic fibers in your bikini because it is plastic based of course. and anyway these will make spontaneous combustion a possibility

Downloads
    Uploads
    try "goo gone".
    "For all those gooey, sticky, gummy, greasy cleaning problems
    Removes chewing gum, grease, tar, stickers, labels, tape residue, oil, blood, lipstick and mascara, shoe polish, crayon, bumper stickers
    Works on carpets, upholstery, clothing, wood, and cement
    Environmentally safe and can be used on any surface"

Downloads
    Uploads
    A professional dry cleaner can use a number of strong chemicals to completely remove tartartar even from white fabrics, but there are also home remedies that work nearly as well.

Most cleaning experts agree that exposure to a heat source is the worst thing for tartartar-stained fabrics. Heat will set the stainstainstain permanently, so never place any tartartar-stained clothingclothingclothing in a dryer or on a clothesline until you are confident the entire stainstainstain has been removed. Immediate treatment with mineral spirits or a stainstainstain removal spray should keep the tartartar stainstainstain from setting into the fabric permanently clothing.

One suggested way to remove tar deposits on clothing is to apply a plastic bag filled with ice cubes to the affected area. Freezing allows you to remove tar deposits too large for stain treatment. Once the tar has become cold, it can be scraped off with a knife or peeled off in sections. <a href="http://www.wisegeek.com/how-can-i-remove-tar-from-clothing.htm#il">source - How can i remove tar from clothing?</a>