American Boat Captain Freed ! Will Conservatives Give Obama Credit?

cene

Nov 19, 2008
Ok, here is a chance for you conservative and Obama bashers to show us what you're really made of.

Since the lot of you have done nothing but second guess Obama's handling of this affair, now that he has been freed by NAVY Seals, will you people who were blaming Obama give him any credit, or will you take the oft-traveled low road, and try to have it both ways?
To Country Conservative: Noted, low road. Since we all know that had he been killed as the Seals stormed the boat, you would have blamed it all on Obama. It's no wonder conservatives are becoming more and more irrelevant.
To Wes: Thank you, that is exactly what I have been saying all along. As a record producer, that is the same thing I do when I hire the best, stand back and let the players make the record, and only offer up suggestions as needed.
Truth B. Told: I think is is you, or at least the ones who have been wanting to place the blame on Obama for the boat being captured, who need to do the explaining.

cons will never give him credit for anything good. that made me really happy that action was taken and hes back. further proof that our president doesnt just talk the talk, he walks the walk.

He let the Navy do their job I give him props for that

3 of 4 pirates dead. maybe they will think twice next time

He let the Navy do their job I give him props for that

3 of 4 pirates dead. maybe they will think twice next time

diplomacy or military?....which was used?......both......it took the military to finish what diplomacy started......terrorists aren't afraid of a teleprompter.....Bush lives lol

Of course not. They'll find some other intractable problem to blame Obama for. Conservatives would rather die than say one nice thing about Obama. And today discord is the Republicans' biggest product.

The job isn't finished until the predator drones are unleashed, blasting every boat and coastal village for 50 miles...

He won't do that.... so what's the point?

Of course not. They are already posting their spin laden BS. A few have recognized that the strategy seems to have been for the best but most are whining.

During the crisis many people pointed out the fact that Obama had sent the US Navy and the FBI into the are to deal with it. The Right wingnuts screamed that this was "nothing". Now, of course, it has led to a great outcome.

Suddenly, the Right are claiming, it was nothing to do with Obama it was the military...as if any president would have personally been on the scene.

Ok you got me on that one, yes he made the correct call it took him a little longer than what it should have but maybe this incident will be his realization you can not reason with everybody. So yes I will give him props for making the right decision and ordering the SEALS to rescue the Captain.

Still it needs to be pointed out that the the Pirates are still out there, he needs to order the Navy to engage and destroy the Pirates vessels and their shore facilities as well as destroy anything the Pirates have to make sure it never happens again.

The sad thing is, I'm sure that there are more than a few people who are disappointed in how this turned out because they were hoping for some form of humiliating defeat which would give them an excuse to rail against the president some more.

I'm sure that they'll find some other thing to complain about while teabagging each other this week.

I would if I thought he played a part in this. The captain was gutsy enough to jump into ther water agaiun, asnd was lucky enough to have the help of the Navy Seals. Captain Phillips intitiated the saving of his own life, and got a little help from his friends in the military.
Edit: The last American involved with these pirates was in 1804, so Bush had nothing to do with this.
~

I give the Navy Seals & Capt. Phillips 100% of the credit.
The President was doggy shopping.

On this one you could actually thank Bush for the situation, since he did nothing prevent piracy while he was in office. As a result this happened.

looks like by jumping overboard he got out on his own.and i'm thankful the seals were present to do their job.

Of course they won't give Obama credit. But if this situation would have ended badly they would have blamed him. Bottom line though is that once again Obama has gotten the better of his Republican critics.

No, but he doesn't deserve credit for it anyway. He also doesn't deserve to be second guessed on everything. For some people President Obama can do no right.

I'm sorry, but it wasn't Obama who put a bullet in the heads of three of those terrorists; that job went to the Navy SEALS.

Seriously though, we have the resources; the captain should have been rescued days ago.

Back