help with sony ericsson c510?

Cardiff78

Apr 12, 2009
My Sony ericsson C510 has just stoped working this morning, it has 'no network coverage' and the writing which normaly is white has turned black and the stuff that was blue is now orange.

When i try to charge it up it says "Can only charge with a sony ericsson battery" or something along those lines. Also when i click the contacts list or the "3" button in the menu it just stops and wont let you in.

It was working fine in the morning but and i have no idea how to fix this

I've went onto the 3 website too see if they could provide some help but all the 'trouble shooting' advise has ben useless.
I got the phone 2 weeks ago on a £20 a month contract and it was working fine so any ideas people?

Help?

Hey,

I just noticed your post because i've just had exactly the same problem. Did you find out what was wrong or how to fix it? =/

Thanks,

Louise

mine has done exactly the same thing.....only had it 2 weeks nen just stoppd working, im going to call up a sony ericsson place and try find out the dealio...

Having the same problem with my daughter's phone. First she had a problem with not getting a network, then the phone stopped turning on. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I had the same problem..got the phone replaced and have the same problem with the replaced one.thats two phones in 3 weeks.Is it the phone that is faulty or what?

C510

Hey even I am suffering from the same problem, morning it was working fine and in afternoon I found that it was showing chinese characters in phonebook and performance was also reduced. Font colors were gone..When I opened Media menu it was showing white bubbles instead of blue...I bought it exactly 1 month before...dont know whats wrong?? is this because of some Virus or something?? I tried Master reset but still no luck.. plz help me [email protected]

Greatone, i've just got the phone..i cant even take the back off

now everyday i'm gna be waiting for the phone to fault up..

damm you 3 network

i have the same problem too...does anyone know a solution to the problem.!!!Please help!!!
I can't work without a mobile phone it's my job...

ericsson c510 'no network' fault

hey there,

i was amazed at how many people have the same problem as me. apologies to the original poster, but i cant help with any technical support. it sounds like this is a software/ hardware problem. me and a few friends had similar issues with the w800 when first released. my only advice is take it back and armed with this information demand a full refund. i am tomorrow.

ericsson c510 no network message

hi,

i posted the last reply. i have a solution to your problems above. try running the ericsson update software. you will need a usb lead. download from the ericsson webpage and follow the instructions. this sorts out connection and battery issues.

c510 broken

SAME happened to me 5 mins ago!! really wierd. i saved up for ages to get this phone!!

i dont think its just this sony erricson or the 3 network - by boyfried has a different model and it did it too... now mines done it!!

Same thing happens here - can't charge phone and get an intermittent message to say I need to use sony ericsson battery which I am (the one that came with the phone). I called Vodafone who have said they'll send a new battery (only they can't as there's none n stock). I'm taking it back to shop tomorrow and expect a replacement phone. Also does anyone else have problem with photos disappearing ie no longer stored where they were and having to search everywhere to locate them?

i having the same problem.. just runing the update hope it works

omg it work thank you so much!

Argg

Ive had exactly the same problem yesterday and even my mates had it! This is the second phone from Sony to go wrong.. First was a w910i which got sent off for repair and now the C510.. Whats the point in making phones if they go wrong?

Sony Erricsson used to be good in my books but these days that reputation seems to be slipping away slowly!

Its silly how they just send the phones off as if its an everyday thing do they not realise how much we rely on them in this day and age? Luckily my phone was only 5 months old and Orange have just changed there policies - Now if your phone goes wrong and its udner 6 months old they get one delivered to your house the very next day but whats the point if its just going to go wrong again? Hmmm

I blogged about it here - Kieran Osborne's Blog Blog Archive Key Has No Luck!

I was having the problem...what a lousy phone..can that error get fixed?by the way i have just bought it less than 3 months ago...T_T

just the same!!!

i hve also experience that same problem before with sonyc510.i just have it reprogrammed at a cellphone repair shop and it's working again..

Back