how do I connect my home theater to tv ?

BrandtE

Apr 10, 2009
Does your TV have an optical out port? if so then you should be able to use an optical cable to connect the TV to the stereo

Does your TV have an optical out port? if so then you should be able to use an optical cable to connect the TV to the stereo

Well I bought a samsung home theater I connected it my xbox 360 but I'm wondering how to conect it on my tv with a direct tv box what do I do ? It only came with a yellow cable No red or white what do I do so I can have sorround sound on my tv

It's likely that your TV won't pass surround sound unless it's from an antenna, so connecting an optical cable from it to the home theater is pointless.

If you want to hear surround sound out of your DirecTV you need to send the audio directly from the DirecTV to the surround sound system. This is usually done with an optical or digital coax cable. The red and white RCA cables will only send stereo (two speaker) sound.

It's likely that your TV won't pass surround sound unless it's from an antenna, so connecting an optical cable from it to the home theater is pointless.

If you want to hear surround sound out of your DirecTV you need to send the audio directly from the DirecTV to the surround sound system. This is usually done with an optical or digital coax cable. The red and white RCA cables will only send stereo (two speaker) sound.

Back