Is this introduction grammatically correct?

mna83266

Apr 6, 2009
I seem to be having a little trouble writing the introduction for my 10pg research paper.

Is it long enough?

Should I be more clear?

Hispanics are the largest and fastest growing minority group in the United States, making them an attractive voting bloc in the electorate. Traditionally, Hispanic voters have been considered loyal Democrats, but in the 2004 Presidential election George W. Bush made staggering gains by receiving 44% of the Hispanic vote, the highest of any Republican presidential nominee to date, leading some to believe that Hispanic voters were increasingly supporting the Republican Party. Unfortunately, these gains would not hold in the 2006 Mid-Term elections and the following 2008 Presidential election, showing that Democrats will continue to have a strong hold on Hispanic voters.

Hispanics are the largest and fastest growing minority group in the United States, making them an attractive voting block in the electorate. Traditionally, Hispanic voters have been considered loyal Democrats, but in the 2004 Presidential election George W. Bush made staggering gains by receiving 44% of the Hispanic vote. This was highest of any Republican presidential nominee to date, thus leading some to believe that Hispanic voters were increasingly supporting the Republican Party. Unfortunately, these gains would not hold in the 2006 Mid-Term elections and the following 2008 Presidential election. The Democrats continued to have a strong hold on Hispanic voters.

Back