What's better Blu-Ray or HD DVD?

Blu-Ray. It won the war.

Having worked in the disc manufacturing industry, I can also tell you that Blu-Ray discs have superior manufactured quality compared to HD DVD discs, and offer superior audio and visual quality, though the differences are fairly negligible.

Blu-Ray also offers the largest storage capacity as well.

Agree and with the added bonus that the Blu ray players up scaling qualities are amazing 'generally,' and at times I simply can’t tell the difference between a Blu ray disc and a non Blu ray disc. Also take a look at the OPPO, that'll shake you when you see the DVD playing qualities due to its incredible up scaling capabilities. Al with a corresponding TV of course and a quality HDMI cable.

Curtis

I was wondering what is better Blu-ray or HD DVD, whats better in picture which costs less etc!
Thanks for your help

Agree and with the added bonus that the Blu ray players up scaling qualities are amazing 'generally,' and at times I simply can’t tell the difference between a Blu ray disc and a non Blu ray disc. Also take a look at the OPPO, that'll shake you when you see the DVD playing qualities due to its incredible up scaling capabilities. Al with a corresponding TV of course and a quality HDMI cable.

Curtis

Not to be rude, but where have you been? HD-DVD was killed by Toshiba over a year ago. So it's a moot point. Blu-ray prevailed.

I quite like blu-ray, but then HD DVD is good too. But which is better? Thers is only one way to find out - FIGHT!!!
Blu-ray won the fight and that is the way to go, it isn't technically better but the market has spoken!
Good luck, Steve.

Well as HD DVD is being phased out in favor of BlueRay there is no competition.

It has to be BlueRay.

Blu ray is better in every single way except price... It also won the format war so thats what You are going to be seeing on the market from now on...

Back