Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

How would I go about making my car look new without a respray?

I have a 1994 Golf, and as you can imagine, it's looking a bit tired and the paint's faded and the body's all scratched. I cant afford a respray because that'll cost in the thousands and i only paid £300 for the car lol. I don't really know much about cars so I'm not sure if theres anything else i can do to make the car shine again and hide all the scratches, because if i can do that, I reckon my car will look really good.

Try brush painting it.I have seen some decent jobs with brush painting and if you know someone who does that it wont cost you a fortune to have it done.To bring a shine back to your paintwork T Cut is good and it takes off a fine top layer of paint.It is hard work but the results are good if your car isnt too badly faded

t-cutting should help you lose surface scratches and a good polish.

A buffing wheel and a good grade of polish (not wax) will remove the oxidation and some of the small scratches. Follow with a new wheel and a good quality wax. If the job still isn't good enough repeat this process using a very fine rubbing compound instead of polish. Do not mix products on the same buffing wheel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can try buffing it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forget all the above answers - you need this product - Showroom shine!

you can get it from Ideal World shopping channel at a cost of about £20.

No need to wash the car - spray it on and wipe it off - one bottle will allow you to polish the car at least 8 times - and it removes all the oxidation and ultra violet damage the sun causes.

The result is a highly polished paint surface that is also wax protected and the rain just rolls off.

Here - http://www.idealworld.tv/1lt_Showroom_Shine_and_2_Microfibre_Cloths_145275. aspx?search=showroom%20shine

Trust me - it works - my 1999 Honda looks like a new car

Downloads
    Uploads
    T Cut the paintwork. long and hard job but it will work.
    see local motorists store like Halfords to get the T Cut and follow instructions on container.
    It is just like a very intensive polishing. get the right one for your car as metallic are different to flat colours

Try brush painting it.I have seen some decent jobs with brush painting and if you know someone who does that it wont cost you a fortune to have it done.To bring a shine back to your paintwork T Cut is good and it takes off a fine top layer of paint.It is hard work but the results are good if your car isnt too badly faded

Downloads
    Uploads
    Start off washing it with rinisng,

Then a decent shampoo, rinse, dry off.

Then get a clay bar (its a piece of clay you mold rub on your body work and it smoothes out your paintwork/gets rid of the tiny scratches and swirls.

Then get some decent wax thats high in carnuba, get a couple of micro fiber cloths to apply and buff.

Also T-cut is pretty good although i find it kind of abrasive, its ok to use once every few months or so tho.

Then move onto the wheels, if you have alloys ive found that a wheel brush and the car shampoo works just as good as alloy cleaners.

Get some tire shine, bumper shine.

And then the interior, vaccuum, dash wipes, screen wipes.

Dont buy that junk jamand has suggested

Try "meguiars" car kits they are excellent

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Start off washing it with rinisng,

Then a decent shampoo, rinse, dry off.

Then get a clay bar (its a piece of clay you mold rub on your body work and it smoothes out your paintwork/gets rid of the tiny scratches and swirls.

Then get some decent wax thats high in carnuba, get a couple of micro fiber cloths to apply and buff.

Also T-cut is pretty good although i find it kind of abrasive, its ok to use once every few months or so tho.

Then move onto the wheels, if you have alloys ive found that a wheel brush and the car shampoo works just as good as alloy cleaners.

Get some tire shine, bumper shine.

And then the interior, vaccuum, dash wipes, screen wipes.

Dont buy that junk jamand has suggested

Try "meguiars" car kits they are excellent

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast