2009 BMW 328i Run Flat Tires?

'Rie

Mar 18, 2009
I'm getting my new 2009 328i in about a week or so. I'm completely excited, but I've been reading in a lot of forums how horrible the run-flat tires are. This is the first car I am purchasing on my own (good bye hand-me down Jeep!). Although I have a good paying job, I don't want to keep shelling out big bucks for new tires all the time.

My dad is helping me with the 'negotiations' as he has purchased many BMWs from this dealership. My dad voiced my concerns to his BMW dude who said that all the 'problems' he's heard about RFTs has been on cars that have the sports package (I'm not getting the sports package since I didn't like the ride). Is this true? Is there been a difference in RFT issues in sports vs. non-sports packages?

Also, I've read in some forums that BMW can offer RFT insurance for something like $350 so you won't have to pay for all the replacements. The BMW guy said he "thinks" he's heard something about this and will look into it. Have any of you heard about this?

Any help or information you can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I'm hearing issues of severe uneven wear on the tires, bubbling, and tire "cupping" even if they are inflated to properly and rotated/aligned as early as 7,000-10,000 miles.
Yes I know what RFTs are made for and are capable of. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem before with their cars/tires before and what BMW has offered to you.

Back