is 17 seconds a good sprinting time for 8th grader?

LexaB

Mar 17, 2009
for the 100 meter dash, is 17 seconds good for a 14 year old ? what could be done to help improve your times ? what muscles need to be improved upon ? tell the truth please :)

Well im not a sprinter im a football and baseball player and i run a 40 yard dash in about 4.5 seconds and i dont know how many yards are in a meter. but thats sounds good. i tell you what.. im part of a football program that is 7th best in the united states and what we do too gain muscle and get alot faster is lift atleast 4 times a week for around 1 hour and then run for about 30 mins- 1 hour eat 6 (smaller) meals a day like for a snack a grill chicken brest sandwich and as lunch or dinners like 2 or 3 of them. eat about 4-5 meals throughout the school day go 2 ur practice then go lift at a gym afterwards or somthing. you WILL see the difference. in my 3 years of highschool football i came in with 40 % body fat running a 4.9 sec 40 now i have 3 % body fat and have gained 40 pounds of pure muscle and improved 4 10ths on my 40 thats very very good. oh and never skip breakfest most most most important meal. and drink lots of water. Thanks, Alan

Back