Every time I ride a bike I break my wrist?

TrevorJ

Jun 9, 2008
Every time I ride my bike I break my wrists almost immediately. This has happened four times. What should I do?
I tried wearing wrist guards after the second time.
You guys don't understand. I don't do tricks, and I don't fall or crash into anything. I just break my wrists.

I broke my wrist too when I was 11 years old. I was riding my bike and it was some pebble gravel on the road that wasn't hardly visible my bike skid and I couldn't adjust quick enough and me still holding on to the handles one of the handles hit the concrete ground hard and the opposite handle the one up from the ground caused a hard impact from the one that hit the ground and my right arm felt the impact throughout the whole handle bar thus, breaking my lower thumb and wrist area. To this day, it never grew back in place correctly and I have a wrist that won't flex all the way back, you can only notice it if I actually show you. I have lost about 20% backward flexibility on my wrist going backwards. My bike was a dirt bike.

oh, come on now! I doubt highly that you have broken your wrists on your bike four times unless you are doing tricks.

If this is true, then don't get back on that bike.

I broke my wrist too when I was 11 years old. I was riding my bike and it was some pebble gravel on the road that wasn't hardly visible my bike skid and I couldn't adjust quick enough and me still holding on to the handles one of the handles hit the concrete ground hard and the opposite handle the one up from the ground caused a hard impact from the one that hit the ground and my right arm felt the impact throughout the whole handle bar thus, breaking my lower thumb and wrist area. To this day, it never grew back in place correctly and I have a wrist that won't flex all the way back, you can only notice it if I actually show you. I have lost about 20% backward flexibility on my wrist going backwards. My bike was a dirt bike.

Back