How long should I wait to have sex after re-starting the pill?

distortionegirl

Feb 19, 2013
Due to some policies of my doctor and my insurance company, I could not get a prescription for my birth control pills right after my last pack ended (I am taking Trinessa). I took my last inactive pill, then went five days before I saw my doctor again. My doctor then renewed my prescription for just one month until I get my insurance issues settled. But anyway...

She informed me that I could start my new pack on that day, which I did. She didn't inform me, though, if I needed to abstain from sex for a certain amount of time.

Basically, I was on the pill for a full year and then missed five days. I just want to know how long I should abstain from sex. I told my partner that it would be a week (even though my doctor didn't say anything, I just wanted to be sure) but could I have unprotected sex earlier than that, since I was already on the pill for a year? Or, should I even wait longer than a week?
The leaflet that comes with the pills instructs to take the first pill on the first day of your period...so you wouldn't need a backup method. I'm just confused because my doctor had me start on the same day I got my prescription, which would have been the 5th day of my menstrual cycle, plus she didn't mention anything about abstaining.

i think even a month :/ thats what i had to do when i started it but read through the description and it should tell you

You can have sex as soon as you want but you have to use protection or you'll have a risk of getting pregnant. Even if you miss one pill you're supposed to wait two weeks till having unprotected sex. I know it may sound terrible but you can have fun using protection too.

Back