Because homo and heterosexuality isn't a choice, what about bisexuality?

Etienne

May 25, 2008
Hetero and homosexuality are caused by hormonal balances/imbalances and chemicals in the brain and all that stuff. Is bisexuality also not a choice, or is it that a homo/hetero sexual subconsciously tend to favor a gender, but will also be pleased with the other gender, causing it to be a choice, or do they find both equally good and it's some other chemical hormonal balance thing in the brain also?

Any anti-LGBT person here should not reply to this because I'm not looking for your opinion.

It has been theorized that all human beings are naturally bisexual, but as they age their sexuality starts to "slide" from one to the other (straight or gay). However, some people don't experience this slide and therefore remain bisexual.

Bisexuality is the same. People are born bisexual, gay and straight, they have no choice. I'm not sure if bisexuality is caused in the same way as homosexuality, eg hormones in the womb. But people are certainly born bisexual.

No sexual orientation is chosen, they exist from birth and is not a choice.

Nope you are who you are people don't choose who they like but some ignorant people would like to think that

Any lgbt are Who They Are And When People Accept Who They Are And Other People For Who And What They Are The World Will Be A Lot Happier And I Dont Mean just Homophobics Even Here In Liberated Holland Im Sorry To Say Some Homos Look Down On Bi And Trans As A Lower Breed Of Person And Its Up To The Lgbt People To Correct That Or We Will Never Be Fully Accepted By The Hetro Would As Equels In Our Own Right

It's no more a choice than being straight or gay. We can't just up and decide who we want to fall in love with. If we could, I'm sure there would be no bisexuals because we would have all chosen one way or the other.
I don't know, nor do I care, what causes it. I don't think love needs to be justified by "hormonal imbalances" or biology.
-Scarlet

I think bisexuality is just as natural as homosexuality and heterosexuality. Attraction is not something you can force yourself to feel. I'm gay and I can't force myself to like women. Bisexual people probably cannot force themselves to only be attracted to men or only be attracted to women. It's a natural instinct.

The action of having sex is a choice, one the bisexual community has the extended luxury of choosing which sex to have sex with, but the base attraction to each sex is no more a choice than it is for gay or straight people.

You don't choose who you're attracted to, the only choice you have is whether or not to act on that attraction. Xx

Some people are well.... "bi-curious". They experiment with the same sex or opposite sex to see who they are truly attracted to.

Overall I would say being bisexual isn't a choice either, it's just who you are attracted to.

all sexualities aren't choices - you can't help who you're attracted to

Sexuality is a spectrum. This means it varies between one side:heterosexual and the other: homosexual. You can't be entirely on one side because there are people that find out they like the same sex later in life.

Attraction could also be towards their personality and not limited to appearance.

Consider it like a spectrum of skin color. Some people are paler than others while others are born more tan. Some are in-between.

I believe bisexuality is exactly in the middle, but obviously leads to one side just a little more.

Accepting only one opinion is hardly answering a question that calls for opinion. There is no such thing as a bisexual. Bisexuality is immature sexuality. In all my 71 years I have never met a bisexual. One person claimed to be but he was my immediate neighbor and I never saw a woman leaving his apartment in the AM. When we went to Prague together he spent all his time at Pinocchio's - a gay rent-boy bar! And every night he brought home a little something for a midnight snack.

Back