What is a safe way to dye adogs fur. my dog is alot of white and I think it...

ryanjrgong

May 17, 2008
...would be cool to dye him? I don't want to use something that will burn his skin. What kind of dye is out there that is safe for animals?

do not dye your dog's fur. Period.

I recall a case where a woman was arrested for animal cruelty, she had dyed her white dog pink.

Care to go to jail anytime soon?

cool! well you can get dye for a dogs hair probably any pet grooming place or at the pet store just ask any grooming place or pet store if they have any dye for dogs. you might find the grooming place a better choice cause they might have what your looking for.

first dye your own hair and see wat look like?. may b it make eassy to u .

first dye your own hair and see wat look like?. may b it make eassy to u .

Use Kool-Aid. Mix a package with a bit of water, just enough to make it a liquid dye. Test it on a small portion of his fur to make sure that his skin doesn't react adversely. If there is no reaction, tie-dye that poochie! jk, but have fun. I am sure he would just love some sporty racing stripes.

Please don't dye your dog's fur!
I think he does look beautiful in his own colour. :)
Dying him will only draw more attention, and when you walk him..you can often get some dirty looks off of people!

Again, don't dye him ! D:

Well one that is mean

but if you want to do something like that don't use anything but food coloring.

Dying a dog's fur is completely legal unlike somebody who reads too many tabloids said. They even make dyes for dogs. But dude...you're a dude (from your name anyway). Why do you want to dye a dog anyway....

Cool for you but not him. Never use a hair dye, you will damage his skin and then you will have tremendous vet bills. Use food coloring, but remember your dog can show embarrassment and start to misbehave.

You need to research what to use. May I suggest that you go to PetEdge.com. It is a retailer that sells dog-safe dyes. You can use cool aid (UNSWEETENED) or you could use natural food dyes like blueberry juice or beet juice. They are natural to consume.

Food coloring runs...and comes off when wet. It will rub off if touched with wet hands, though does not rub off on fabrics.

There are spray colors that do not get on the skin. There are blow pens and spray colors that are temporary colors that wash out and do not get on the skin. They do not affect health.
There are semi-permanent gels at PetEdge.

For more information, go to klippers.com for the "queen of color" for more answers on color questions.

Karen

You need to research what to use. May I suggest that you go to PetEdge.com. It is a retailer that sells dog-safe dyes. You can use cool aid (UNSWEETENED) or you could use natural food dyes like blueberry juice or beet juice. They are natural to consume.

Food coloring runs...and comes off when wet. It will rub off if touched with wet hands, though does not rub off on fabrics.

There are spray colors that do not get on the skin. There are blow pens and spray colors that are temporary colors that wash out and do not get on the skin. They do not affect health.
There are semi-permanent gels at PetEdge.

For more information, go to klippers.com for the "queen of color" for more answers on color questions.

Karen

Back