You can now buy underwear that looks like Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen’s tattoos (Photo)

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
453356967.jpg.jpg

After several years as some cross between a cartoon oddity and useful role player, big man Chris 'Birdman' Andersen has reached a new level of fame as a member of the Miami Heat. He played a key role in the team's championship run last spring and has improved statistically so far this season, shooting 63.5 percent from the field and averaging 1.2 blocks in 18 minutes per game. Birdman is a star, but he's definitely become a more recognizable public figure.
Enough so, in fact, that you can now borrow the style of his tattoos. In support of of their winter line of products, the clothing company PSD has procured the services of Andersen, Heat teammate Udonis Haslem, and Memphis Grizzlies veteran (and former Heat shooter) Mike Miller as spokesman. In the case of Birdman, they also used his colorful tattoos as the basis for a pair of boxers. Take a look below (via For the Win):
birdmanderwear.jpg

Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel has more:
"I call it 'Free Birding,' " backup center and part-time underwear model Chris "Birdman" Andersen said. "I'm definitely comfortable with it." [...]
"Two years ago, we ended up doing an event with Mike Miller's energy drink at the University of Florida," PSD co-founder Curt Flaitz said earlier this week. "He fell in love with our brand and then he became a partner about a year and half ago."
That's when Miller, who still was with the Heat at the time, decided to share the wealth with a pair of equally colorful teammates.
"This is all Mike Miller's doing," Andersen said. "He's kind of just using the theme of my tattoos and everything for the design of the underwear. I was just messing around and I just called it free-Birding." [...]
There are limits, however, and no need for the family-oriented Heat to grow overly alarmed.
"It's not like I'm going to be standing there in my underwear," Birdman clarified. "I'm going have some jeans on or some camo[uflage pants] on. I'm not just going to have underwear on."
Cool, thanks for the clarification, Mr. Andersen. While I think we can all agree that the term "Free-Birding" is a little suggestive and fairly terrifying, there's nothing especially shocking or untoward about the underwear-modeling itself. Most men wear the stuff, and the modeling shots are certainly family-friendly.
Unfortunately (maybe?), the PSD website does not currently carry the Birdman boxers, so those of you itching to grab a pair will have to wait. The print is quite bold and likely not everyone's style, but it's an improvement on those Joe Boxer smiley faces for those who like a little character in their underwear.
Personally, I think I'll stick with my trusty Sonic the Hedgehog pairs. Adults can have fun, too!
- - - - - - -
Freeman75mug.jpg
Eric Freeman
is a writer for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @FreemanEric
Stay connected with Ball Don't Lie on Twitter @YahooBDL and "Like" BDL on Facebook for year-round NBA talk, jokes and more.

Back