Wifi adaptor for Toshiba blue ray?

D

Mar 14, 2008
Wifi adapter for toshiba blue ray?

I have a Toshiba blue ray player model BDX2150 that is wifi ready. It needs a wifi adaptor sold separately ( of course ) to pick up the signal. I hooked up a netgear adaptor ( the one that you get with Dish Network to hook up the dish receiver to the internet ) and it had a real hard time connecting, I had to try to reconnect dozens of times till it finally connected. But its super slow, i.e. youtube plays for a couple of secs then loads for 10 mins and then plays again for a couple of secs / Netflix will load but then freezes on getting titles page, etc. etc. so basically it doesn't work!!!!

Started doing research online and it seems Toshiba was being sneaky with this product as you can only use a certain type of adaptor with this blue ray ( made by Toshiba ).

The model number I have found for this adaptor is WLM-10nb1 or WLM-10ub1

Searching online most every place says that it is no longer carried by the store or out of stock.

I did find one on amazon for 50 bucks which is ridiculous . But it seems its out of production everywhere else, which leads me to my question.....

Is there a different less costly model adaptor that will work for this? I already know the netgear one will not work ( at least the model that comes with Dish )

And yes, I did search this question as well and everything I read said that only the 2 Toshiba models I listed above will work but all the articles were old, the newest one being in 2011.

So maybe there is something newer out there now that will work?

You need either their specified adapter, or to use Ethernet, with a WiFi-Ethernet bridge, or run an Ethernet cable from the router to your player.

Back