Why does my girlfriends T-Mobile phone keep muting or turning on speaker by itself?

el0w

Mar 11, 2011
She had a myTouch for about for 1 1/2 years that started malfunctioning after 1 year and freezing so her insurance gave her a new phone. They gave her the LG Optimus T which started dropping calls/muting all of them the first week she got it. She called T-Mobile and asked why her phone keeps doing that and they told her to do a factory restart or something and it worked for a few days then same sh*t started happening again. She kept up with it for a month and then called and got a NEW phone and they gave her another LG Optimus T. Oh wait, same exact f*cking problem. She goes to the store and they say, well if the factory setting doesn't work, there is nothing I can do for you. I want to get that b*tch fired. She then called customer service again and they said it was her sim card and sent her a new one. Nope, didn't work. She had that phone for 2 weeks and called again and asked for a different phone, not the Optimus T, but they were like nope and sent her another Optimus T. Oh guess what, the f*cking phone is still doing the same sh*t the same day she got it?

And after she got her second phone, they even said, we can give you an upgrade if you sign a new contract. HAHA yeah f*cking right.

Anyway, does anyone know how to fix this problem other than burning down T-Mobile? Their customer service f*cking sucks and they f*cking suck. There's 2 months left until the contract ends and she can move to a better company but it seems like an eternity, especially since it's been happening for so long. It doesn't sound like my problem, but I do enjoy talking on the phone with her, and having the call get dropped, or automatically muted every 5 or 10 minutes gets SO annoying and just puts us both out of the mood for talking. And even when someone else calls, this always happens. The calls usually get dropped or muted within 2 minutes of talking and keeps happening after 5 minutes.

And if you work for T-Mobile, go f*ck youself.
Eh, it might be but I doubt it. It has only happened with this phone. These problems never occurred with the MyTouch. The MyTouch only got switched because it started freezing and was super slow after 1 year. The first 2 Optimus Ts that she got were also messed up. Before her last switch, the Optimut T she had froze for like 3 hours. She couldn't even use it or press anything. The screen was just stuck. It didn't even let her turn off or restart the phone.

I don't mean to put the blame on her BUT are you sure she's not moving the phone away from her check momentarily while on the phone which the proximity sensor then enables the screen and turns on the backlight...which in turn as she puts the phone back against her cheek presses the mute or speakerphone button?

Back