Who accepts what are claimed by christians as prophecies for Jesus?

antonius

May 24, 2011
There are various verses in the bible which christians claim are prophecies for Jesus. Does anyone really accept those, as these do not appear to be referring to he bible Jesus? Anyone may answer and please explain why if you believe those are about Jesus.
A couple of persons did answer to a point, but I noticed that christians seem to be claiming they don't know what the question is about. Now what is that? OK, I will give just a couple below. These things are
fairly long and there isn't enough space to mention all of them.
Matt. 2:13 - Again an angel appears to Joseph in a dream telling him to take the child and go into Egypt as Herod sought to destroy him (Jesus) and "was there until the death of Herod, tat it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet; saying Out of Egypt have I called my son." This is in Hosea 11:1 - "When Israel was a child then I loved him and called my son out of Egypt. As they called them so they went from them, they sacrificed unto Baalim and burnt incense to graven images." This refers to the children of Israel coming out of Egypt in the time of Pharaoh and to the idolatry they committed aafterward To claim this a prophecy of Jesus he would ten have to be the person who sacrificed
A couple of persons did answer to a point, but I noticed that christians seem to be claiming they don't know what the question is about. Now what is that? OK, I will give just a couple below. These things are
fairly long and there isn't enough space to mention all of them.
Matt. 2:13 - Again an angel appears to Joseph in a dream telling him to take the child and go into Egypt as Herod sought to destroy him (Jesus) and "was there until the death of Herod, tat it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet; saying Out of Egypt have I called my son." This is in Hosea 11:1 - "When Israel was a child then I loved him and called my son out of Egypt. As they called them so they went from them, they sacrificed unto Baalim and burnt incense to graven images." This refers to the children of Israel coming out of Egypt in the time of Pharaoh and to the idolatry they committed afterward To claim this a prophecy of Jesus he would ten have to be the person who sacrificed u
unto Baalim, and can not be a prophecy of Jesus unless believers wish to make an idolater of him.
Matt.27:35 - "And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots; that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, "They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots." This can be found in Psalm 22:18 - The writer is speaking of himself and his situation, and not about another. He begins this Psalm with the words which the NT writers ascribed to Jesus. "My god, my god, why hast thou forsaken me" -- these are words of a man complaining without any impropriety, but very improperly from the mouth of a reputed god. The picture drawn in this Psalm is gloomy and he is not prophesying, but complaining of his difficult situation. He represents himself as being surrounded by enemies and persecutions of every kind; and by way of showing what his persecutors are doing says, "They parted my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture." It is

You gotta be more specific if you say I am claiming something. As it stands, I don't know what you're talking about.

the prophecy of the virgin giving birth in isaih is definitely not about Jesus, thats clear if they take time to read the whole chapter and learn the direct hebrew interpretation.

and i dont know the others you have in mind.

The ENTIRE Bible speaks of Jesus, for HE is God

"Behold in the volume of the Book it speaks of me " Psalms 40:7

PS volume means complete or whole.........just so YOU now Know !!!

Back