Where can I find a FUNCTIONAL-BLOCK-DIAGRAM of the water-system in my 2003

chasvanblom

May 18, 2008
Chevy Blazer SUV? I am repairing an unknown leak in my cooling-system in my 2003 Chevrolet Blazer.

Each time I add water into my radiator, I hear and see this water "gurgling" (sound) to somewhere into my motorblock (I think.) - This leak is so severe that I have to add more than a full U.S. gallon each time I stop my engine. ^This actively leaks when the motor is cool (not in use.)

I am seeking a Functional Block Diagram of where all the water goes in my motor. - I see no drips / water-spots underneath my car, which makes my search even more unusual.

Thanks to all known G.M. Auto repair techs or Back-yard techs with a "savvy" to help me diagnose my symptom and repair it.

It has to go somewhere. There are a few checks you should look at it to trace it. First, if there are not puddles under the vehicle, it is either headgasket which if that severe should run rough especially at cold start up. Does it run rough? Check Engine Light on?

The autoparts stores sell kits that you can use to check to see if the head gaskets are leaking into the cylinders. Just follow the directions on the kit

Next would be to look under the carpet on the passenger side for wetness, heater core leaking??

Next, check tranny fluid & oil level on dipstick for signs of milk shake looking stuff. It has to go somewhere, if it isnt leaking externally like on the ground, then it has to be internally. Also, if your using Dexcool, that has a bad habit of evaporating a lot quicker than the old green stuff use to. I would look for signs of orange crust forming on things where it leaks. But if your adding that much, the leak has to be noticable

Back