what would you recomend on buying, a 91 honda prelude sr, or a 95 eagle talon?

Alexh

May 14, 2008
I am not sure what to buy, i have a choice between a 95 eagle talon the ad as follows, "First $2000 IT'S GONE! I'D LIKE THE CAR OFF MY FRONT STREET!

I have a '95 Tsi Talon AWD 5 spd, leather interior, chrome 16" rims, 3" exhaust.

The car needs some work and I dont have a place, time or money to do it.

The car has just over 200k, but has 6 bolt motor swap from a '91 with just over 100k on the motor.
Car and motor runs strong but needs some sensors and/or tuning.
There is nothing wrong with the hood or fenders I just had the hood unlatched, I also have the 4th chrome wheel I had the valve stem replaced it was leaking. Car has a few new parts as well. It is not safetied"
or
a 91 honda prelude the ad as follows, "Bought for $3000 with a lemon engine! Paid 1000 for B20a 6 cyl. The old engine model,unbeknownst to me, was only made for 2 years in Canada before Honda threw out the test carbon fibre cylinder walls (they ate through piston rings in no time) I installed the new engine in from a 91 si B20A with very little mileage on it, Car is in good shape with little rust on it Black,5 speed, cd player low pros w/alloy rims, sunroof,all new brakes, have driven w/new motor but needs some electrical attention to do with heat sensor, fan or starter wires...not sure, bit of work but not much. 3rd gen lude...needs safety.
asking $2000 or best offer"
I am looking for something to tune and performance, but also reliability. thank you for your time

hondas are a car you can always trust.

i have a 95 honda and it still works pretty damn great :)

I would buy the Talon because of the AWD. But it sounds to me like it needs allot of work. If you plan on dumping cash into it, go with the talon.

Back