What would you like to see in a future fantasy book?

MessageToTheBird

Nov 22, 2009
Okay, so if you're a fan of fantasy fiction, you've probably read the Harry Potter series or the Inheritance cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr). If you had to give your opinion to the author of the next best selling novel series, what would you suggest? What would you like to see as far as fantasy books go.

Try to think out of the box, please. Elves, dragons and vampires are extremely overused.

If u dont want to over use anything make up a new kind of species, aliens but they could be pretty or however u make them.

Convoluted! There is such a series. It's called the His Dark Material series by Philip Pullman. I have to say, it is just AMAZING. Fantastically written, really original ideas and great characters. The main character is a girl, and the fate of her world is dependent on her, but she doesn't know it. There is some romance, but not until the final book, and even then, it only lasts about two or three chapters.

And as an answer to this question, i don't necessarily think it's about the magical creature you use, just as long as you make the character themselves different and original. You could use vampires and dragons and elves still, just make sure the elf isn't wise and smart like it seems most elves are lately, or the vampire isn't bloodthirsty and beautiful, and the dragons aren't hugely powerful.
Yes?

No "chosen" one, no prophecy, no special eye color, or special abillity. No magic swords.

Something original.

And since I'm pretty sure the next best selling series is going to be the Percy Jackson series, how about a best-selling series where the main character is a girl?

Oh, and I would LOVE to see a series with a girl as the main character but no romance angle. That would be refreshing.

I had the same question!
Can someone answer mine?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091122152208AAwEAcI

Back