What is wrong with my truck?

cutey171

Nov 17, 2008
ok. I own a 95 GMC Sierra, quarter ton pick up truck. One day I ran out of gas and as i tried to pull over into a driveway i hit a small ditch and the truck jumped a little bit. So then I get gas in it and it's kind of acting funny. This funniness gets worse and worse so we change the spark plugs, spark plug wires, oil, oil filter, air filter, we put in octane booster, combustion cleaner,(i think that's what it was). Nothing seems to REALLY be helping the problem.
The truck likes to bog down a lot when you push on the gas petal. It doesn't like to get up to speed after you start it. After it's been running for awhile it runs better. It stalls a lot to. Sometimes it almost sounds like it's not getting enough gas to keep running.
Then the other day I was at the stop sign and I turned on my turn signal and it died right when I turned it on. So I started it up tried it again and it did the same thing. It's done that to me at least 10 times. Then the other night I was driving down the road and I had the radio, light, windshield wipers, and heater on and it didn't want to go hardly at all.
So before I thought it was something having to do with the fuel tank and maybe there was particals in the bottom of the tank that got stuck somewhere and that's why it didn't want to run. But we put that cleaner in the fuel tank and it didn't really make a differance. So now it must be something electircal.
Please help me. I have no other vehicle.

Back