what are your favorite holiday traditions?

needanswers

Apr 9, 2008
the holidays are coming up!! what are some of your favorite traditions? it can be any holiday. it can be halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, hanukkah (did i spell it right), kwanzaa (again, did i spell it right?), anything! it doesn't even have to be in this season! it can be easter, st. patrick's day, v-day, whatever! just think what you and your family do every year that makes you look forward to the holidays.

i just enjoy thanksgiving because my family always comes to my house and my uncle does the best pumpkin pie ever! and then we all just gather around the table and give our thanks and then when we're finished we get up and dance and fall asleep like at 3 in the morning or even later. my whole family sleeps over my house. the next day we don't go shopping, we get set up for christmas!! all of my cousins are like 15 and younger so they all get excited we start cleaning the house with christmas music on and just start setting up the christmas tree. it's so much fun. i'm 19 and i love spending this day with my 16 year-old sister and all of my younger cousins and my aunt and mom help us too. it's like we all take a day off and just decide to spend that day together.

and then on christmas eve everyone comes to my house again always around 6 at night. my mom with help of my aunts and uncle start cooking a big meal for all of us. we dance to spanish christmas music and then at around 1130 p.m we start reading the novena [its this book we read at our house nine days before christmas. it tells us the story of jose and maria and how they went to bethlehem and tells how baby jesus was born] then we wait until 12:00 midnight and then we start opening our presents. but we don't get up and start opening ours. somebody sits by the christmas tree and picks a present and reads their name outlouad and gives them their present. we all wait to hear our names and then open our presents. when we're all done we dance and drink some more until we pass out until the next day when we wake up to our aunts cooking us breakfast. and i love the smell of the morning after christmas and just watching my cousins playing with their new toys. its just a beautiful feeling.

i want you guys to share yours with me. so just write them down. i don't care how long it is i will read them all i promise. i think it's pretty cool reading other peoples different traditions.

Back