Uncover the Internet Wish List [Uncover The Internet]

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
We all know the Internet is an amazing world of information and media nowadays. I was just reminded of it quickly this morning when there was a song on the radio and we couldn’t remember who the other people singing were in this little trio.
A quick Google search with the name of the song and the person singing we did know and it immediately returned the results we were looking for initially. If you’re wondering, the song was Bryan Adams’ “All For One”, you’ll have to click the link above to get the answer to our conundrum.
Getting back to the point of this post though, you can pretty much find anything you want on the Internet today. Or can you? Are you getting everything you’d like from the world wide web?
Here’s an example I’ve been thinking of over the past couple of days. I’m in desperate need of a pair of new tennis shoes. My preferred brand is Nike, I’m looking for running or cross-training shoes, I need them in size 13 and I’d like to pay less than $40. Luckily today I found a pair while looking on Nike’s website and Finish Line’s as well. It was nice that both sites had a clearance section, which I could select details like brand, price and size. In this case I found a pair from Finish Line and I just received confirmation that they have shipped and I should expect them in 5-7 business days. But what would have happened if I couldn’t find anything today? I’d need to keep going back to each site, looking in their clearance section and seeing if there were any updates.
What if…. I could do this…..
On each website subscribe to a custom e-mail alert, or maybe even better yet an RSS feed. I put in my requirements something like this:
  • men’s
  • athletic (running or cross-trainer)
  • size 13
  • $40 (or anything with a discount of 50% or more)
  • color
Then, every time a new shoe was added into the database that fit my requirements I’d receive an e-mail or an RSS update. I could then click on the link, immediately be taken to the site to see more details and possibly order the shoe. How cool would that be?
Now that you’ve got inspiration, what would your Internet Wish List include?
Let us know in the comments below. You never know, maybe what we’re looking for already exists and we just don’t know it. Or, someone will run with one of our ideas and make it a reality (and make millions of dollars in the process.)
I’m looking forward to hearing your responses!
Tags: e-mail, Internet, missing functionality, really cool ideas, RSS updates, wish list, world wide webShare This
</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>

Back