Ticket for minor in possession of tobacco product in California, help please!?

NiNJA

May 19, 2008
Let me just give you some details. I was in the backseat of my friend's car when he parked on top of a mall parking lot (to smoke weed). Also everyone was 17 except the driver, who was 16. Security saw us and a bunch of cops busted us, only i wasn't smoking. They have video footage that showed everyone smoking except me, and i told them i didn't smoke. We all got arrested but they let me and one friend go at the station.

The thing is they found a box of cigarettes in my door panel, and matches on my friend's door panel. We both said they weren't ours. However, i still got a ticket for MIP of tobacco products, and so did my friend.

So my questions are:

1.How much do you think i could be fined up to for that ticket?

2.If i state that i am not guilty in court, will they then put the blame on anyone else in the car, like the driver and owner of the car?

3. Who can i go to court with? Am i allowed to go with my cousin, who is over 21?

4. Will the fact that 3 people next to me were smoking weed increase the fine or give me more consequences?

I know it was stupid at me for being in a bad situation like that, but i would appreciate any help.

Back