Skin Bumps with hard white centers?

itscherry here again...

hi, sorry ive been off for so long. but here is an update on my situation.
i took my few days worth of anti fungal medication...it seemed to help after a few days...was almost cleared, but then i went swimming at out apt complex pool, and there i was back to where i started, the bumps returned, it seemed to make the situation worse. i was given ketoconazole cream to apply, continue the retin a and left to see what would be the results after a month. the cream worked for a month but then the bumps found a way around that cream as well. econazole nitrate was the next cream they gave me, it definatly works better for my body, but the bumps on my face are very aggressive, and i have break outs quite a bit there. after some time, i began getting cystic acne on my chin(which they say is hormonal) but i think is related to all thats going on. so i was given an antibiotic minocycline(50 mg) for the cystic acne. this real did nothing for the cystic acne, but it seemed to be controlling the breakk out rate of the pityrosporum folliculitus. upon returning to the doctor i was give 100 mg minocycline, and within a week, my skin was completely clear, no cystic acne no pityrosporum. was so happy. but then, wouldnt you know it, my body has trouble processing medication, and i started to hurt and feel sick, creating drug induced lupus, i had test done for this, lots of test. its funny ive delt with drug induced lupus for long time now, but again the doctors never could pin point an answer, so many test, no answers, fun thing is, i figured it out before they did, if only doctors would listen to us more, we might get better answers and more quick resolve. every time i would take an antibiotic...ones ive taken and had this issue with...cephalexin(cephalosporin) , doxycycline(tetracycline), minocycline(tetracycline), and also an anti depressant called Desipramine (tricyclic). all causing mucle pain, spasms, chest pain, and once almost fainting. after stopping the meds, after a month the symptoms would disappear, because the symptoms persisted after stopping the meds i never put two and two together(i had been on the meds for a lot longer the previouse times, this time was only about a month and a half), until till just this last time i began having pains, i stopped the meds and within 2 days the pains were less and with in 2 weeks the chest pain was gone. anyway, now im stuck with bumps re appearing once again. if you have pitrosporum, you might want to ask your doctor for an anti biotic to see if it may help you...the ones that worked for me, was cephalexin and minocycline, doxycycline did nothing but made it worse. im not sure why these antibiotics work, but they do,. supposedly if you use antibiotics for yeast infections it will make it worse, but i had amazing results. just tell him or her that you would at least like to try it, what will it hurt if he gives you a month dose to see the outcome. i know they say over use of antibiotics causes mutations in bacteria, and can harm u from over use, but if this stuff was on your face, youd agree its worth a try. since i can no longer take the anti biotic, ive been trying more natural approaches. im drinking coconut water and apple cider vinegar with mothers(not processed) twice a day. they both taste awful to me, so i mix the coconut water with orange juice and cranberry juice(which is also good for you) and the vinegar i put 3 to 4 table spoon in a half gallon of water,(i dont mix it, just drink it as fast as i possibly can) please read up on these two items before drinking, on benefits as well as precautions, as you should brush your teeth after drinking the vinegar...it will erode the enamel on your teeth is very acidic. i also bought neem face mask powder from local Indian grocery store. mixed coconut water with the neem, also put in small amount of lemon juice, not too much will burn your skin. i alternate the coconut water with Epsom salt water and vinegar, just to change it up. i also use the vinegar and which hazel as a toner after i wash of the mask. Epsom salt is good for pulling toxins and is an anti fungal its good for the body, so i soak in it once a week. you can also drink it, but i have yet to try it. so far it it seems to help some, but is drying to the face, after i do my face mask, rinse and apply toner, i use my anti fungal cream(highly moisturizing). i apply extra cream to spots i see, and it helps clear them faster. i am looking into more options and treatments. but first id like to see how this works after a month or so. please do research before trying any treatment on your own. ill be back to check in once again in month or so.

i dont drink or smoke. my daughter and i have major issues with it on out face, where as my boyfriend and son only have a few(hardly noticeable) the derm, has agreed my daughter has it as well, where my bf or son have not went to derm. i know it is the same for them, as it looks identical and same substance comes out. they also had itching issues, bt not like me or my daughter. maybe male hormones play a part in their not being affected as much. if anyone wants to exchange storys or things that have helped them, here is my email... folliculitisucks at gmail dot com (this email has no sensitve or personal information...and i set it up for this only...if you try to hack it, you wont find anything, please respect my trying to help myself and others.)

itscherry....the above post is form me itscherry

i dont drink or smoke. my daughter and i have major issues with it on out face, where as my boyfriend and son only have a few(hardly noticeable) the derm, has agreed my daughter has it as well, where my bf or son have not went to derm. i know it is the same for them, as it looks identical and same substance comes out. they also had itching issues, bt not like me or my daughter. maybe male hormones play a part in their not being affected as much. if anyone wants to exchange storys or things that have helped them, here is my email... folliculitisucks at gmail dot com (this email has no sensitve or personal information...and i set it up for this only...if you try to hack it, you wont find anything, please respect my trying to help myself and others.)

possible cure for this madness?

I had the exact same issue most of you describe; the large skin bumps that NEED to have the centers removed before you can even hope for them to heal.

I too had gone to several doctors and derms only to be given a variety of creams and antibiotics with no success.

I had a facial and the esthetician said there was no way it was acne, it was definitely an allergy of some kind, possibly dairy.

I kind of nodded and rolled my eyes, but after a few people mentioned strange cysts on face as a side effect of gluten/dairy allergies, I figured I'd give it a shot and try it.

I've removed both the gluten and dairy from my diet, and my skin is 85% - this is after a month or so. The remaining 2 spots on my face are healing and the centers are coming to the surface. It's a very dramatic change, and definitely allergies were the last things I would have thought caused this - but in my case, a month gluten/dairy free. and I'm nearly completely cured.

Give it a try and see if it helps!

Good luck!

I was using a face wash with micro scrubbing beads and I too have only one on my face I've been trying everything I can get my hands on to get rid of it and I keep trying to pluck it out with tweezers but it's so hard and so stuck in and there is no white puss and I've also tried to cut it off several time and that did not work it just grew back even worse.

Look up "calcinosis". It comes in many forms. Small bumps, larger ones, etc. Basically an overproduction of calcium in the body that can cause small bumps filled with a tiny bit of calcium.

Low fat proteins such as peanut butter, trim beef, chicken or fish, or boiled egg,
Dairy like milk products, natural yogurt and low-fat parmesan cheesse, such as bungalow and natural parmesan cheesse....

found something that helped!!!!

I've dealt with those things for years with much frustration. After many rounds and rounds with my dermatologist AND after I saved one of the hard white things that I pulled out to bring to him (gross!!), he finally decided to believe me. So I forgot what he said it was this time. Something like "blah, blah blah....overproducing.....blah, blah blah.....". (After so many unproductive rounds I stopped listening as I should have.)
This time he prescribed me STROMECTOL. I took 3 tablets on a Sunday and 3 more a week later. Don't get my wrong, my skin isn't perfect now. I still get some regular acne BUT I HAVEN'T HAD ANOTHER ONE OF THESE ANNOYING HARD ONES SINCE!!!!!! It's only been 2 months now since the pills and no more of those stupid things. I'm keeping my figures crossed it stays this way. :D

hard white things in skin 'pimples'

About 8 -9 months ago I noticed that my 9ys old son had small hard bumps on his neck. Then it looked like white was was coming out of them. The white stuff was very hard. I try to "pop" the bump to get the white stuff out and I have used tweezers to pull the white stuff out but neither works and hurts my son in the process. Now he has about 10 on his neck. couple on his stomach, collar bone, back and legs. The ones on his neck are worse. It is not Molluscum Contagiosum. Can find any info or pics.

I have experimented with this same thing for a while and noticed the following. These "pimples" , with a white stone hard substance, appear to be the body's reaction to something, usually some sort of toxin. I find that these things appear after drinking coffee, especially after having coffee with milk. Coffee definitely brings these on, which suggests that caffeine may be the culprit. Milk tends to bring these on, as well. What keeps the skin smooth is a diet with plenty of green veg, water, plenty of vit c, some saturated fats and non-dairy protein (whether meats, seafood or legumes) and non-processed foods, lead to the eventual eradication of the problem. However, even so, just staying away from caffeine and dairy products appears to keep the skin clear.

Unfortunately, when the problem exists the only way to get rid of the hard white stuff is via tweezers and then one needs to use topical peroxide or iodine to assist the healing process. The "pimples" are not brought about my bacteria or virus, these seem to be a reaction to a chemical or other toxin, perhaps a strange protein in milk, and certainly to caffeine. At least the caffeine makes things much worse. Not drinking enough good fresh water can also be an issue.

One needs to have proper digestion and lots of fibre in diet, with some sour and fermented things to assist. With an increase in fibre and substances that absorb toxins from the digestive track, such as oats, one then needs to drink more water, with a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice. However, it would be sufficient to have 4 to 5 glasses a day, on top of other fluids, soups ... etc ... hope this helps.

I've been dealing with this same issue for a few years now. I use a small needle to poke a hole right over top of the hard white thing. Then I use the head of a bobby pin to apply pressure over top and, if its in a less fatty area, it just pops out. Usually with some sort of small hair or fuzz attached. Then it leaves a deep hole and bleeds like crazy. Then it scabs over and heals completely in a week or so.

I've had the same issue with doctors and dermatologists and nobody I've seen knows...they just guess like we do. Maybe its GMO's causing this. It seems like we all started getting this after mass introduction of GM corn into our food supply. I also got that damn swine flu vaccine. Seems like it started sortly after that. Probably a coincidence but it makes me wonder...

I've also had these monsters all over my face, chest and arms for about a year now. Small bumps that get inflamed look like a zit, cant be popped, but if the white "care" is pulled on with tweezers can sometimes be pulled out and bleed like the devil. They make sharp hard scabs and leaving alone does NOT help. then they sometimes spread. Mine have erupted small hard white balls and rice like shapes, they cant be popped and wont "squish". Dr., no help there, I have tried everything, antifungal, anti parasite, acne meds, cortisone, sulfur, tea tree, silver, etc etc, and on and on, nothing helped. Think I MAY have accidentally stumbled upon what this might be. BROMIDE ACNE or HALOGENODERMA. Couldn't find photos that matched but the description in dermnet sure did, the one thing I never tried is what they said might help topically, baby butt paste, ZINC. Been slapping it on these buggers for a week now and they are almost completely gone, A few scabs still but are acting like "normal" scabs, healing and getting smaller but the white "balls" are gone. I haven't gone a week without one of these things popping out of my skin or a scab since this all started, so Im optimistic. Just wanted to post in case this might help someone else, these are frustrating beyond belief and have made me almost into a hermit I look so awful. K

My son (5 yrs old) seems to have the same things, did you ever figure out what they were?

Back