should I get a dual sport bike?

JUSTICE

Feb 23, 2008
so, my 16th birthday is coming up, and I absolutely love cars and auto, and motorcycles. I love practicing, I love quading, dirt biking, all of it. I love everything about driving. So this summer I have a job, and I usually make 2-3 grand every summer for the same place as a cashier, and I was thinking about getting a dual sport bike/enduro for my 16th birthday. MY school is like a seven minute drive from my house, but on the school bus it takes about 50 minutes because of all the stops around my whole town. I think it would be great because then I wouldn't have to go on the bus with annoying kids, I could drive to work after school and on the weekends, pick up the groceries which my family almost always needs, and to go drive downtown for lunch. I feel that I am very responsible and intelligent enough to own and drive a bike. I feel a dual sport would be perfect because they are fairly inexpensive, and much safer opposed to a street bike. plus I go dirt biking and on trails all the time using my friends dirtbikes, and now I would have one on my own. So I was wondering how much do you think insurance would cost (please don't give answers like how its per person and give me places to look into blah blah blah) for a 16 year old, in Ontario with an m1 license with a dual sport bike (just an average guess) please tell me if you think this would be a smart idea and details about buying and licensing! thanks!

Back