Service VEHICLE soon light on 2001 Pontiac Aztek?

artsybritt

Mar 5, 2009
While I was driving, my 2001 Pontiac Aztek Service VEHICLE Soon light came on and my thermostat meter, the needle, dropped below C. Since then, the needle will not budge below the C and yet my heater works perfectly. I went to Autozone and they had a readout that suggested that my thermostat sensor may be defective. I replaced that and things seemed fine until it did it again a few hours after replacing the sensor. Again, the heater still works. There is engine coolant as well. What else could it be?

Might have a surge in power. Check fuses, but i don't think that's the problem...I suggest replacing it again or take it back to autozone or the mechanic. Wish i could be more help

check your fluids -no c no anti-freeze-or time for an oil change
glove compartment press reset button

First off, NEVER go to a parts store for automotive advice. They only want to sell you stuff.
That being said, you seem to have an electrical problem. Take your car to a real service tech, not a shade tree, who has electrical experience and have him/her check for a short.

First off, NEVER go to a parts store for automotive advice. They only want to sell you stuff.
That being said, you seem to have an electrical problem. Take your car to a real service tech, not a shade tree, who has electrical experience and have him/her check for a short.

Back