Rolling Stones / The Who fans, any DVD recommendation?

zig

Nov 24, 2008
I do not like some of the Rolling Stones concert shows because it is quite explicit. I know what band represent (sex drug rockn roll), but is there any good classic Stones show that are good on DVD ? How about THE WHO DVD recommendation ?

Been going crazy watching music DVDs lately. haha
Saw: "The Rolling Stones: Gimme Shelter" which was okey. I know this is a classic film, but for some reason I thought it was just ok. "
The Rolling Stones: Live at the Max" and "Vooddo Lunge Tour" was great except Honky Tonk Women song part. I mean I love the song but explicit scenes usually come up on many films.
"The Rolling Stones - Rock and Roll Circus" and "The Rolling Stones - Bridges to Babylon" is probably my favorite.

How about Ladies & Gentlemen The Rolling Stones ? or Ed Sullivan Show ? any other ?

Do not know nothing about THE WHO DVDs. got about 4 CD albums by The WHO.

No DVDs to recommend, but I would recommend watching Entwistle's solo bass for the song "My Generation," on Youtube.

Basically it's just him performing just the bass part of the song. He is a virtuoso!

Ive watched many rolling stones concerts on TV, late at night, Can you explain to me what is so explicit? And are you a bit to young for it, And your parents forbid it?

Anyway, sorry about the questions,
The Who At Kilburn: 1977 is an essential.

Have fun!

Back