Reconfigure Linksys E2500 Router to Motorola 3360 Modem.?

crzygamer21

Jul 22, 2012
Hello. A couple days ago, our Linksys E2500 router accidentally got unplugged. Since then, the internet has been working extremely poorly (a lot of latency issues plus random disconnects), so yesterday we tried soft resetting the router. This backfired immensely as now the network no longer exists and we can't access either the router or the internet through the router.

If we have an ethernet cable go from the modem directly into a computer, the internet works fine (which is how I'm posting). But if we hook the modem up to the router and then another cable from the router into a computer, we get nothing. We can't even see the router.

We've tried unplugging the modem and router and then plugging them back in, unplugging just the modem, and unplugging just the router to try to get it back working but that didn't work. We then tried holding down the reset button on the bottom of the router for fifteen seconds then unplugging the modem and router, holding down the reset button with the modem already disconnected then unplugging the router and plugging the modem back in then the router, and holding down the reset button with the modem already disconnected then plugging the router back in then the modem. And then we tried each of these things while waiting a minute before plugging everything back in. Nothing's worked. And everything we've googled to find out how to hard reset the router either says to do something I've already listed or requires using the router's configuration page, which we can't access (supposed to be 192.168.1.1, but nothing comes up when I enter that into my browser since we can't connect to the router).

We tried calling Linksys support; however, they said it will cost $30 for them to help fix the router since they apparently can only help you for free one time.

Back