Nutrition questions, do you know?

Lily'sMomma

Apr 19, 2010
I need nutrition answers from an experienced answerer :)

I'm tracking calories, fat, carbs, sodium, fiber etc. in everything I eat and drink. I just need to have an idea of what limits I need to establish. I'm a 24 year old mom and I rarely work out. I'm a vegetarian. I really appreciate any helpful information!! Thanks.
The one thing that really shocked me was the amount of carbs I ate today. I didn't eat anything really fattening. I had fresh fruits which obviously carry some carbs, but are those bad? And the carbs from grains were all WHOLE grains. I got 50+g of whole grains today. I'm not consuming refined flour or sugar, which are the bad carbs right?

Hey girl! My advice to you here is to be very wary of "dieting" There are many different types of weightloss diets out there, some are great, some are quite dangerous. If you are going to embark on one of these you really should seek assistance from your dr and/or a dietician or other nutrition expert. Some people will tell you carbs should not be consumed others will say they are fine - I personally think everything in moderation is a great rule. Whilst a carb free diet may work wonders for one person, it may make another feel ill or just have no effect, we're all different. Being a vegetarian you are already likely to be lacking some vital nutrients and need to be sure that you are replacing them all adequately. The last thing you need is to cause yourself to be deficient in important minerals and vitamins etc. I really think you should seek some medical assistance to be certain that you're not starving your body of something it needs, as no weightloss diet will have the desired effect if you're not getting everything you need to sustain you. Good luck chicky hope this helps some xx

Back