My cat has a really bad infected wound. help !?

Alyssa

May 13, 2008
A few weeks ago my 6 month old kitten got outside and either got attacked by animal, or stuck in a jagger bush. Now he has a decent sized wound on his back near his shoulder. At first the wound was fine and we put anti. bac. ointment on it and wrapped it up because he wouldn't quit licking it. Ive heard letting him lick it will help but i don't want to let him just in case. So i wrapped it up, but it got a little bigger and now its infected. It smells horrible, hes loosing weight, he wont eat or drink as often, and hes just not himself. Clear liquid is coming out of it, some yellow puss, and it keeps bleeding. Im gonna try to buy him one of those cone things to prevent him from licking it, because i read that if i leave it uncovered the air will help it. I also cleaned it with soapy warm water this morning, and im deciding on whether to put pr oxide on it. I don't know what else to do, and i don't have any money for the vet right now so i need to hopefully find a way to take care of it on my own. im going to the pet store later to look for stuff to help. Can anybody please help give me more ways to help it go away. he hasn't had any first shots yet. Hes the sweetest little thing ever and i love him to death. hes resting right now. thanks for reading.

Back