Looking to travel for a bit and live out of a truck question?

StevenS

May 17, 2008
First of all, I apologize for bad writing as i tend to do a lot of rambling.

So i am looking to live out of my truck while i move to the coast. I plan on trying a few places till i find where id like to stay permanently. I currently have a truck that would be awesome to live out of with its huge bed and backseat for storage. I have a 06 f250 with a long bed which i would have a top on and basically design it as a mini room. But i believe I will sell it to get a much smaller economical truck that i will not have a payment on. I am thinking a ex cab ford ranger with a top on it. same design with a bed on one side, storage on the other and an aisle down the middle. I will be trading a lot of room for not having a $240 a month truck payment and also getting 20+ miles to the gallon instead of 11 mpg(horrible right?)

So i guess i have my accommodations figured out... hopefully. my questions are how do i find work quickly in coastal cities to help fund myself while on this trip. I will probably play a little guitar on the street in some places if possible. I basically should have a truck insurance payment, a cell phone bill to stay connected, Gas money although i plan on getting a bike to travel when i stay in one locale, and food and necessary supplies. I don't have any dept or payments except my truck. I am a fisherman and would love to work on the water when possible.

When i leave i plan to have a little money saved up but it wont be enough to last long so i will need a way to replenish it once i get to the coast.

How do you find good places to stay at night or preferably more than one night as a base camp in my truck for free?

What all do i need to have to survive out of my truck. Im sure ill end up forgetting something.

just any other general help would be greatly appreciated. I still have several months and have thought about some of these questions and have some ideas already but i want to have as many back up plans as possible because i wont be close to home anymore.

Back